Seen it on Gaming On Linux YouTube channel - it looks fun, I'm waiting for Steam release to play with friends. Rooting for your great success!
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
Best played with controllers and human friends!
1 to 4 players open source couch multiplayer. Easy to learn, fun to master!
Just one button, lots of different games. Are you ready to become the intergalactic champion ?
head over our website for more information.
Built from tag v0.6.4
Follow the development:
If you like what you see, you can support us (here on itch, on paypal or Ko-fi). We believe that 4.00 USD is a fair price for the current build of SuperStarfighter, but that's up to you :) The game is free and open source anyway.
CHANGELOG - 8 March 2020
1) You can now customize your game, choosing which sports to play, how many stars you need to win, and so on.
2) Arenas for 3 and 4 players have been redesigned and balanced to have more room and be more fun to play.
3) A new game, "slam-a-gon", has been introduced. A new species has been added as well as a playable character.
4) Hive filling game length has been reduced, to avoid excessive snowballing.
5) The arena for Deathmatch has been decluttered from asteroids, and a new type of obstacle has been introduced.
6) Snake sports and team play have been taken out from this build. We feel that their design should be improved. They will be back soon!
7) CPUs are now smarter and harder to beat!
|Updated||4 days ago|
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Linux|
|Release date||26 days ago|
|Tags||2D, Arcade, arena-game, Co-op, godot, godotengine, Local multiplayer, Multiplayer, party-game, Versus|
|Average session||A few minutes|
|Languages||German, English, Spanish; Castilian, Basque, French, Italian|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Xbox controller, Gamepad (any), Playstation controller|
|Player count||1 - 4|
|Links||Homepage, YouTube, Support, Twitter|
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- v0.6.4 - death shockwave, disable rumbling and more20 days ago
- v0.6.3 - Windows build fixed24 days ago
- New Version Up! 0.6.3 - Custom game, Slam-A-Gon and fierce AIs26 days ago
- v0.5.0 - New sports, localization, improved physicsAug 07, 2019
- Super starfighter v0.4 - demo buildJun 30, 2019
- Superstarfighter v0.3.1 - call for PlaytestJun 01, 2019
- Alpha Release - Our approach to Game design and developmentJan 20, 2019
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Hi, the game NEEDS options to rebind keyboard, and to disable rumbling gamepad.
Noted! Thank you for your feedback :)
Keyboard controls also behave in a very different way from the gamepad. We are planning to make them more similar, i.e., get rid of the "steering left and right" control scheme in favor of "point towards the desired direction". Player feedback strongly suggests that keyboard controls feel unintuitive.
What are your thoughts about this? Which control scheme do you prefer? Should we try to keep them both as a configurable option?
I tend to like "tank" control.
If i press "right", the character goes to its right, not to the right side of the screen. So if the character is currently going south, pressing "right" would make it going west.
So I guess having a configurable option would be welcomed. Do you think it would be also nice to have "tank" controls even when using the gamepad analog stick? Thanks again for the feedback, it is much appreciated :)
I always think that many options are never too many options. So, yes, tank for keyboard and gamepad and joystick and magic stone and all.
Also, moving with keyboard, and pointing direction with mouse, would be nice. left/right would straff, and the mouse would "turn", like many arcade games do.
Found out about this on gamingonlinux.com, can't wait to try it out!
I just played it! Due to my lack of friends I played it alone, so my overall experience wasn't the greatest.
The game modes are good, I liked the "greedy" one, well designed and offers some good challenge.
The controls tho I feel they are confusing. most of what I could do was with the second action button, m for player 1 and 2 for player 2, the first action button, at least to me, seemed to not perform any action or at least any useful action.
Great! Did you try to select a single character? The game offers a single player match versus a simple AI.
You are absolutely right about keyboard controls! Our intention was to have both buttons perform the same action (fire), but they are used differently while navigating the menus (confirm and cancel). We are thinking about how to streamline this and have a single button for the menus.
That said, we focused almost exclusively in getting the right feel with gamepads. Did you try the game with a gamepad?
Thanks a lot for the feedback! Let us know if you have more comments :)